ON the move
• Tumwater boys and girls in grades 3 to 6 are eligible for play in a winter recreational league. Practices begin in mid-October; games will be played from November through January. Registration is open until Saturday. Fee is $85 per player. Volunteer coaches needed. Information: www.ci.tumwater.wa.us or 360-754-4160.
• Tryouts for the new Olympia Basketball Academy, an Olympia High School boys feeder program, will be held Sunday and Oct. 5 for boys in grades 3 through 8. Information: email@example.com
• Tumwater Parks & Recreation offers a competitive league for boys and girls in grades 6 through 8. Weekend games are played November through January. Registration is Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. as well as Saturday from 10 a.m.-noon at Tumwater City Hall. Registration deadline is Saturday. Team fee is $495 for 10-game season. Information: 360-754-4160.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for Classy Seniors games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Information: Bonnie Stelling, 360-456-5533.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle schools and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: olympiawa.gov/parks or 360-753-8380.
• Yelm’s Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: prairierugby.webs.com or call Pat Norton, 360-464-3551.
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female. No experience necessary. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, buddbayrugby.com or 478-227-3201.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date, before 5 p.m. Friday by email to email@example.com