ON the move
• Tumwater Parks & Recreation is accepting registration weekdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. through Feb. 21, at Tumwater City Hall for boys and girls grades K-third, living in the Tumwater School District or attending a Tumwater school. Fee is $75, which includes a uniform. Information: 360-754-4160 or ci.tumwater.wa.us.
• A youth baseball clinic for ages 6-9 (t-ball and rookie level) hosted by the 15U Puget Sound Patriots will be from noon-1:30 p.m. Feb. 1 at Sports Perfected Training Center, 2500 Mottman Rd. SW, Tumwater. Registration is at patriotsbaseballclinic2014.eventbrite.com. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-376-8520.
Never miss a local story.
• The 26th annual KVA basketball tournaments for boys and girls in grades five through eight will be at Tumwater and Black Hills high schools. Boys tournaments will be Feb. 8-9 and Feb. 22-23. Girls tournaments will be Feb. 15-16 and March 1-2. Fee is $165, with four games guaranteed. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Shelton youth sports will host two competitive boys basketball tournaments Jan. 25-26 and Feb. 15-16, with all games at Shelton High School mini-dome. Each tournament is $200 for a four-game guarantee. Saturday scheduling is flexible for league teams and any other issues. Information: Craig Gregory, 360-280-0024.
• Entry forms for the 34th Olympia Match Game Bowling Championship are available at Westside Lanes, Aztec Lanes and Tumwater Lanes. The tournament is Jan. 25-26 with the match play finals Jan. 27 at Westside Lanes.
Guaranteed entry reservations close Jan. 21. Late entries accepted on space availability. Participants must be members of a Thurston County League or reside in Thurston County. Youth bowlers are eligible to compete for scholarships. Entry forms available at the three bowling centers. Information: Dick Taylor, 360-456-6308, email@example.com or TCUSBC@comcast.net.
• South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials at all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle schools and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: olympiawa.gov/parks or 360-753-8380.
• Yelm’s Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: prairierugby.webs.com, or call Pat Norton at 360-464-3551.
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female. No experience necessary. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, buddbayrugby.com or 478-227-3201.
• The Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon official training group will train Saturdays though May. The training runs start at 7:30 a.m. at South Sound Running, 3405 Capitol Blvd. in Olympia. Registration at South Sound Running until Jan. 18. Cost is $75, which includes mentoring by an experienced coach, a long sleeve running shirt, water stops and recovery food after long runs. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org/training.html
• The ROAD-odend-RUN (6-mile, two-person relay or 6-mile solo race) is at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 23 at Heritage Park in Olympia. Fee is $15 for individuals and $25 per team by Feb. 18. Info: runoly.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Info: 360-786-5595.
• Registration is open for coed and C Major Sixes winter volleyball for Lacey Parks and Recreation. Matches are Thursday nights through March 13 at Komachin Middle School. Team entry fee is $300 (tax not included). Information: ci.lacey.wa.us or 360-491-0857.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date, before 5 p.m. Friday by email to email@example.com.