Here’s the word from the club, with directions down below:
The Oly Town Artesians make their debut at their new home, The Pavilion at The Evergreen State College, on Saturday, December 19th when they welcome the defending Western Indoor Soccer League champion Tacoma Stars Reserves to town.
The Artesians will also celebrate the holiday season with games, prizes, Christmas music, a special first kick appearance by a guy in a big red suit, coloring pages for kids and much more. First kick is scheduled for 6:00 PM and doors open at 5:00 PM. Tickets are just $8 at the door for adults, $5 for kids 5-12 years-old and kids under five or kids in a Thurston County Youth Soccer Association jersey will be admitted for free.
The Artesians enter the game at 1-2-0 after dropping a 4-2 decision to the Snohomish Skyhawks last Saturday night. Olympia High School graduate Evan Munn continued to play outstanding in goal for Oly Town but didn’t get any support from his offense in Snohomish. Munn was named the WISL Defensive Player of the Week after allowing just three goals to the Vancouver Victory on December 5th and kept the Artesians close enough for a 4-3 comeback win. Willie Spurr, an NAIA All-American for the Evergreen Geoducks, leads the Artesians with four goals.
The Tacoma Stars Reserves are led by Evergreen alum Nate Ford, who is tied for the WISL lead with eight goals. The Stars Reserves are the second team of the Tacoma Stars of the Major Arena Soccer League and currently sit in third place in the WISL at 2-1-0. They will face the Olympic Force on Friday night before making the trip to Olympia on Saturday.
Tickets will be available at the door or you can still purchase season tickets at www.olytownfc.com. Season tickets include five tickets that are good to use at any game in any combination for just $25. Fans also receive a limited edition National Society For The Protection Of Artesians supporters sticker with their season ticket purchase.
Directions to The Pavilion at The Evergreen State College:
- From I-5 in Olympia, take Exit 104 - US 101 North.
- Take the Mud Bay Road / The Evergreen State College exit.
- Keep left and follow the signs to The Evergreen State College.
- At the roundabout, continue straight on Evergreen Parkway and take the next left onto Overhulse Place.
- Turn left onto Driftwood Road NW and go straight at the first stop sign.
- Turn right into Lot F for parking.
- Walk from Lot F to the closest intersection and turn right down the path to the college past the dorms and toward the athletic fields.
- The Pavilion is about 100 yards down the path on your left.
The closest address to Parking Lot F that you can put into Google Maps is 4215 Driftwood RD NW, Olympia, WA. Parking is free on the weekends.