- An Acoustic Evening with Jennifer Friedman, 7-9 p.m. Oct. 20, Plenty Restaurant, 200 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia, $5; and 8-10 p.m. Oct. 21, Matrix Coffeehouse, 434 Prindle St. N.W., Chehalis, $6. 360-705-3716 or 360-740-0492.
- Community Family Concert with Mary Wiles, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 21, Emmanuel Baptist Church, 2508 State Ave. N.E., Olympia. Free; donations accepted. 360-754-8838.
- The New Prohibition Band and Runaway Girl, 9:30 p.m. Oct. 21, The Eastside Club Tavern, 410 Fourth Ave., Olympia. $5. 360-357-9985.
- Sad Panda and Proto-Leviathan, 7 p.m. Oct. 22, Manium, 421 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $5.
- Marni Nixon, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27, South Puget Sound Community College's Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Performing Arts, 2011 Mottman Road, Olympia. $20 general, $15 seniors. 360-596-5501.
- Campfire Karaoke and Acoustic Open Mic hosted by Harris & Hill, 9 p.m. April 15, Character's Corner, 6610 Sexton Drive, Olympia. 360-280-5209.
- Live swing and jazz with Vince Brown, Eliza Welch and LaVon Hardison, 4:30-
7:30 p.m. Sundays, Cielo Blu, 514 Capitol Way S., Olympia. 360-352-8007.
- Soul Sundays, 5-8 p.m. Sundays, Barb's Soul Cuisine in The Vault Nightclub, 425 Franklin St., Olympia. Free. All ages welcome. 360-357-4721.
- Cafe & Wine Bar, 219 Tower Ave. S.,
Centralia (on the second floor of the historic Aerie building). 360-330-1542.
-Â¿ Charlie's Bar and Grill, 620 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Ongoing: Metal Mondays (live bands); Texas Hold 'Em, sign-ups at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays; Blues Night, Wednesdays, Karaoke with TJ Nuttz, Thursdays through Sundays. 360-786-8181.
- El Sarape Family Mexican Restaurant, 1200 Cooper Point Road, Olympia. 360-352-1201. All shows are 9 p.m.-midnight. Ongoing: Karaoke, 9:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, no cover.
- The Gold Bar at The Old Pizza and Mining Co., 3811 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. Ongoing: Karaoke and dancing with Michael Mike, 9 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays. Ages 21 and older. No cover. 360-413-0149.
- Mehfil Lounge, 810 Sleater-Kinney Road, Lacey. Ongoing: Karaoke with Heather Jane, Wednesday-Saturday. 360-486-0676.
- Nickelby's Restaurant, 600 Trosper Road S.W., Tumwater. Ongoing: Karaoke with Dev N Tay, Tuesday-Saturday. 360-754-8546.
- Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 802 Yelm Ave. W., Yelm. Ongoing: Karaoke hosted by Cosmickaraoke.com, 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- Plenty, 200 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia.
Ongoing: The Budd Bay Shanty Sing, 7-9 p.m. first Sunday of each month; Fourth Avenue Session Band, 7:30-10 p.m. Thursdays. 360-705-3716.
- Red Lion Hotel Olympia, 2300 Evergreen Park Drive, Olympia. Ongoing: The Russ Hubley Jazz Band, 8-11 p.m. Saturdays. 360-943-4000.
- The Vault, 425 Franklin St. S.E., Olympia. 360-357-4721. Ongoing: DJ Peg, Wednesdays; Rockstar Thursdays; Friday Night Lockdown with DJ Peg, Fridays; Nothing But Love with DJ Lovesick Larry, Saturdays; Progression Sundaze with DJ Conspiracy, Sundays.
- Veritas Olympia, 109 Capitol Way N., Olympia. Shows start at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and
8 p.m. Fridays. Concerts: Pride of Progress and Brian Dixon Band, Oct. 20; Mike Dean Project, Oct. 21. Ongoing: Acoustic open mic, sign up from 6-6:45 p.m. and event is 7-8:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month. 360-352-4920 or go to www.veritasolympia.com.
- The Viking Lounge, 6318 Martin Way
E., Olympia. Ongoing: Karaoke hosted by
Cosmickaraoke.com, 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m. nightly.
OUT OF TOWN
- The 2006 Earshot Jazz Festival, Oct. 19-Nov. 5 at various venues throughout Seattle. For a complete schedule, visit www.earshot.org.
- Wynton Marsalis, 8 p.m., Oct. 21, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $35-$75. www.theparamount.com.
- Shawn Colvin, 8 p.m. Oct. 30, Moore Theatre, 1932 Second Ave., Seattle. $23.50 and $33.50. Ticketmaster.
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, 9 p.m.
Nov. 1, Showbox Theater, 1426 First Ave., Seattle. $25 from www.TicketsWest.com.
- Goo Goo Dolls, 8 p.m., Nov. 4, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $32.50. Ticketmaster.
- Foreigner, 8 p.m. Nov. 7, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $40. Ticketmaster.
- Paul Stanley, 9 p.m. Nov. 10, Showbox, 1426 First Ave., Seattle. $35. www.TicketsWest.com.
- Dixie Chicks "The Accidents & Accusations Tour," Nov. 11, Tacoma Dome, 2727 D St. E., Tacoma. Ticketmaster.
- Vince Gill, 8 p.m. Nov. 16, Paramount Theatre , 911 Pine St., Seattle. $47/$37. Ticketmaster.
- Alice in Chains, Nov. 24, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $42.50. Ticketmaster.
- Barenaked Ladies, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 26, Everett Events Center. Tickets are on sale now. $57.50/$42.50/$30. 866-EEC-TIXX.
- Panic at the Disco, 7 p.m. Dec. 3, Everett Events Center. Tickets are on sale now. $28. 866-EEC-TIXX.
- Guns 'N Roses, 8 p.m. Dec. 10, Everett Events Center. Tickets are on sale now. $75/
- Rock Star: Supernova, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 18, Everett Events Center. Tickets are on sale now. $59/$49/$39. 866-EEC-TIXX.
- Dimitriou's Jazz Alley, 2033 Sixth Ave., Seattle. 206-441-9729.
- Jazzbones, 2803 Sixth Ave., Tacoma. Cover charge varies. Some shows are all ages; call for details. 253-396-9169.
- Olympia Film Society, Capitol Theater, 206 Fifth Ave. E., Olympia. Films: "Edmond," Oct. 19; "Factotum," Oct. 19; "My Country, My Country," Oct. 22-26; "This Film is Not Yet Rated," Oct. 22-26. Admission: $6.50 general, $4 members, $2 ages 12 and younger. 360-754-6670 or www.olyfilm.org.
- "Conversations with God" sneak
preview, 7 p.m. Oct. 21, Shelton Community Center, 601 Franklin St. W, Shelton and 2:30 p.m. Oct. 22, Capitol Theater, 206 Fifth Ave. S.E., Olympia. $10 at the door. 360-432-3229 or 360-754-3635.
- Warren Miller's "Off the Grid," 8 p.m. Nov. 2 and 6:30 & 9:30 p.m. Nov. 3, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $17.50. 360-753-8586 or www.washingtoncenter.org.
- 23rd annual Olympia Film Festival,
Nov. 3-12 at various venues throughout Olympia. www.olympiafilmfestival.org.
- Scatterbrains Improv Comedy Troupe, 8 p.m. Nov. 3, Traditions Cafe & World Folk Art, 300 Fifth Ave. S.W., Olympia. $7 adults, $5 students and seniors. 360-705-2819.
- The Attack of the Killer Komics featuring Tommy Savitt, Jeremy Greenberg and Dax Jordan, 7 p.m. Nov. 15, The Shire Bar and Bistro, 465 Chehalis Ave. N.W., Chehalis. $10. www.i5comedytour.com.
- Cire Entertainment's Comedy Night, 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, Pellegrino's Tyee Grill, 5757 Littlerock Road, Tumwater. $10. Open mic competition the last Thursday of each month. 360-870-8790.
- Christian Comedian Mike Williams,
7-9 p.m. Oct. 26, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olym pia. $20. 360-753-8586.
OUT OF TOWN
- Tim Conway & Harvey Korman Farewell Performance, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 18, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $57/$47/$37. Ticketmaster.
- Josh Blue, 7 p.m. Dec. 2, Newmark Theatre, 1401 Second Ave., Seattle. $29.75. Ticketmaster.
- Ballroom dance, hosted by the Olympia Chapter of USA Dance, lesson at 7 p.m., dance from 8-11 p.m. fourth Friday of each month, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $6 members, $10 nonmembers. Public and all ages welcome. Themes: Halloween, Oct. 27; Thanksgiving Turkey Trot, Nov. 24; USA Dance Anniversary Ball, Dec. 22. 360-754-6697.
- Ballroom dancing to live music by Kregg Matson, dinner at 6 p.m. and dancing at 7:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month, Olympia Elks Lodge, 1818 Fourth Ave., Olympia. $5 members, $7.50 nonmembers. 360-456-4948 or 360-753-0186.
- Ballroom dancing, sponsored by the Olympia Love to Dance Club, 8-11 p.m. second Friday of each month through Dec. 8, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. 360-754-3978.
- Beginning "Salsa Y Mas" lessons,
8-9 p.m. Thursdays and 9-10 p.m. Fridays, Los
Pinos Restaurant, 4418 Sixth Ave. S.E., Lacey. $10 per class. 360-413-7855 or 360-705-0658.
- Boots 'n' Buckles Country-Western Dance Club, 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays, American Legion Post No. 17, 111 Main St. W., Centralia. $18 annual membership, or $5 per class for nonmembers and $3 per class for members. 360-273-5706.
- Capitol Singles Square Dance Club, 7-8 p.m. intermediate rounds; 8-10:30 p.m. mainstream with plus tip second Friday of every month. Singles, couples, teens welcome. For location and information, call 360-456-8031.
- Dance to live music, 7-10 p.m. first
Saturday of every month, South Union Grange, 10030 Tilley Road S., Olympia. $5. 360-352-2135.
- Do Si Do Square Dance, prerounds, 7:30-8 p.m.; mainstream, 8-10:30 p.m. with plus tip second Saturday of each month. Guestcallers, cueing by Joyce Sebree. Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. 360-491-0364.
- Folk dances from Around the World, line, circle and couple dances, 7:30-10 p.m. Tuesdays, Olympia Ballroom, 116 Legion Way, Olympia. No experience or partner needed. $1 first visit, $3 suggested donation thereafter. 360-491-8555 and 360-438-5526.
- First Saturday Contra Dance, newcomers' workshop at 7:30 p.m., dance from 8 to 11 p.m. firs t Saturday of each month, October through June, South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road, Olympia. $7 general, $3 ages 12 and younger; families never pay more than $20. 360-807-8461 or www.olympiadance.org.
- Fourth Saturday Contra Dance, new comers' workshop at 7:30 p.m., dance from 8 to 1 1 p.m. fourth Saturday of each month, South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road, Olympia. $7. 360-438-7120.
- Grand Squares Square Dance Club Dance, 7:30-10 p.m. third Saturday of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th St. N.E., Olympia. P rer ounds 7:30 p.m., dance 8-10 p.m. Glenn Raiha, c aller; Ron Woolcock, cuer. Donations accepted. 360-357-6976.
- Gypsie Nation dances, 7-9:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Olympia Ballroom (above the Urban Onion), 116 Legion Way, Olympia. $5; ages 13 and younger get in free. First dance is free. www.gypsienation.com.
- International Folk Dancing, sponsored by The Olympia Folkdance Cooperative, 7:30-
10 p.m. Tuesdays, Olympia Ballroom (above
the Urban Onion), 116 Legion Way, Olympia. By donation. 360-491-8555 or 360-438-5526.
-Â¿ Lacey Daisy's Square Dance Club, 7:30-10:30 p.m. first Saturday of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. 7:30 p.m. prerounds, 8 p.m. mainstream square dance. Don Wood, caller. Ron Woolcock cuer. By donation. 360-491-0572.
- Salsa Thursdays, 8 p.m. to midnight Thursdays, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $5 cover. Drop in early (6 p.m. for intermediate or 7 p.m. for beginners) for lessons with Stephanie. $10 per class or $45 for a five-week session. Dancing only is $5. For details, call 360-528-0096.
-Â¿ Rockin' Teen Square Dance Group,
8 p.m. fourth Friday of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. Brent Kappenmen c alling. 360-491-0572.
-Â¿ Square One Plus Square Dance Club, 8-10:30 p.m. first and third Fridays of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. Prerounds, 7 p.m. By donation. 360-491-3449.
-Â¿ Swede Hall Dance, 1:30-4:30 p.m. first and third Sundays of each month, Swede Hall, 18543 Albany St. S.W., Rochester. Live music by The Band of Gold. Sponsored by Grand Mound/Rochester Citizens' Group. $5 donation. 360-273-7974.
-Â¿ Swing dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Beginning lesson, 7 p.m. $5, all ages. 360-943-4010 or www.olyswing.com.
-Â¿ Tanglefoot Cloggers, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Brighton Park Grange, 525 73rd Ave. S.W., Tumwater. Beginners, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; extended basics, 7:30-8:15 p.m.; low intermediate, 8:15-9 p.m.; intermediate, 9-9:30 p.m. $5. 360-412-8142.
- United Singles Dances, 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. second and fourth Saturdays of each month, Heritage Hall, Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Road S.E., Lacey. $12 for nonmembers, $7 for members. TGIF dancing, 7 p.m. Fridays, 3929 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. $3 cover. Rock/country/contemporary music played at both dances. 360-459-4307 or 360-459-0107.
OUT OF TOWN
-Â¿ Country dance, sponsored by The Cimarron Country Dancers, 8-11 p.m. first and third Saturday of each month and lessons at 7 and 8 p.m. Thursdays, Valley Dance Hall, 1705 Willow St., Sumner. 253-848-7220.
-Â¿ Manhattan Singles Dance Club, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Amvets Hall, South 56th and Tyler streets, Tacoma. All ages and married couples welcome. $5 members, $6 guests. 360-357-6152.