- Children's story time: 1:30 p.m. Sundays, Orca Books, 509 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. For ages 4 to 10. Free. 360-352-0123.
- Juice and Jammies story time: 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Barnes & Noble, 1530 Black Lake Blvd., Olympia. Cozy blankets, juice and cookies provided. Free. 360-534-0388.
- Saturday Storytime: 11 a.m. Saturdays, Barnes & Noble, 1530 Black Lake Blvd., Olympia. Free. 360-534-0388.
- Kids Book Group: 2 p.m. the third Saturday of each month, Borders Books and Music, 2415 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia. December's selection is "Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code" by Eoin Colfer. 360-352-3438.
- Bayview School of Cooking's Culinary Mystery Book Club: 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Bayview School of Cooking, 516 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia. This month the group will be reading, discussing and eating delicious recipes from "Lemon Meringue Pie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. $35. 360-754-1448.
- Reading by Alex Gerber Jr., author of "Wholeness - On Education, Buckminster Fuller, and Tao: 7 p.m. Friday, Orca Books, 509 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. 360-352-0123.
- The M-3 (Murder, Mystery and Mayhem) Reviewers: 7 p.m. Dec. 12, Whodunit? Books, 119 Fifth Ave. S.E., Olympia. Join in a discussion of "How to Murder a Millionaire" by Nancy Martin. 360-352-8252.
- Short Story Book Group: 7 p.m. Dec. 13, Borders Books and Music, 2415 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia. Join in a discussion of the short stories found in the book "You've Got to Read This!" This groups meets the second Wednesday of each month. 360-352-3438.
- Great Books Group: 7 p.m. Dec. 26, Barnes & Noble, 1530 Black Lake Blvd. S.W., Olympia. Join in a discussion of "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith. 360-534-0388.
At the library
For more information on these and other events, contact your local Timberland Regional Library:
Olympia - 313 Eighth Ave. S.E. 360-352-0595
Lacey - 500 College St. S.E. 360-491-3860
Tumwater - 7023 New Market St. 360-943-7790
Yelm - 210 Prairie Park St. 360-458-3374
Tenino - 172 Central Ave. W. 360-264-2369.