Many services unavailable because of today's holiday
The following changes are planned because of the Christmas Day holiday.
• Post offices, and there will be no regular mail delivery.
• Banks and credit unions
• Federal, state, county and city offices
• Driver and Motor Vehicle Services offices
• Port of Olympia offices
• School districts will be on winter break.
• All Timberland Regional Library branches
• Mason Transit will not provide bus service.
• The Evergreen State College, Saint Martin’s University and South Puget Sound Community College are on winter break.
• The Olympian’s customer-service desk. For circulation questions, call 800-905-0296.
• The Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center. For information, call 360-786-5494 or www.co.thurston.wa.us/wwm.
Altered schedules today
• Pierce Transit will run on a Sunday schedule , and passengers will ride for free.
• Intercity Transit will not provide bus service.
• Olympia’s residential and commercial garbage will be collected, but crews might arrive earlier than usual. Pacific Disposal garbage collection agency will not provide services.
• Parking at meters will be free.