News

Kennewick man pleads innocent to strangling pregnant girlfriend

KENNEWICK - A 35-year-old Kennewick man has pleaded innocent to allegations he tried to strangle his girlfriend, who is seven months pregnant with his child.

David Mendoza Simiano faces a Jan. 24 trial in Benton County Superior Court for one count of second-degree domestic violence assault -- attempted strangulation.

Simiano is being held in the Benton County jail on $15,000 bail.

Kennewick police were called to the woman's home on the 1800 block of West Fifth Avenue by her 14-year-old daughter, who said there was a "psychopath in the house choking her mother," court documents said.

Simiano was gone by the time officers arrived, but officers saw red marks on his girlfriend's neck, documents said.

The woman said she had been arguing with Simiano when he put his hands around her neck and choked her until she thought she was going to pass out, documents said.

Officers searched for Simiano but weren't able to find him. He turned himself in three days later.

After his arrest, he told investigators he put his hands around his girlfriend's neck because she found it sexually stimulating, documents said. He denied trying to harm her.

  Comments