Lacey Fire District 3 responded to a small fire in a laundromat on Monday evening at the Tanglewilde Shopping Center in the 7000 block of Martin Way East.
The fire was reported at 10:28 p.m. Monday, according to a Thurston County dispatcher. No injuries were reported, the dispatcher said.
The fire was contained to two dryer units, according to a post by Lacey Fire on Twitter.
“The fire is believed to have started after some oily rags were washed, dried, and then left unattended in a dryer unit,” Battalion Chief Steve Crimmins told The Olympian. “The residual oil left on the rags may have caused the rags to spontaneously combust inside the dryer.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian