Local

OLYMPIA: Woman dies of injuries from explosion

An Olympia woman who was burned after a propane tank exploded Friday inside her home on Olympia’s west side has died, according to the King County Medical Examiner.

The woman was identified as Kathleen Gillespie.

Gillespie walked to a neighbor’s house at about 3 a.m. after the blast at 1813 Madison Ave., Olympia fire department officials said. She was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Fire officials said people should never use propane inside their homes.

  Comments