The Independence Day holiday means changes in some schedules and services. The following will be closed Saturday:
• Post offices, and no mail will be delivered.
• Most banks and credit unions.
• All Timberland Regional Library branches.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
• Mason Transit will not provide bus service. For more information, call 360-427-5033.
• The Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center. For more information, call 360-786-5494 or go to www.co.thurston.wa.us/wwm.
The following will be closed Friday and Saturday:
• Federal and state offices.
• County and city offices.
• Driver and Motor Vehicle Services offices.
• Port of Olympia offices.
• The Evergreen State College, Saint Martin’s University and South Puget Sound Community College.
• The Olympian’s customer-service desk. For circulation questions, call 800-905-0296.
The following will be open Saturday:
• Pierce Transit will provide service but will run on a Sunday schedule. For information about service between Tacoma and Seattle, call 253-581-8000.
• Intercity Transit will provide service but will run on a Sunday schedule. For route information, call 360-786-1881 or go to www.intercitytransit.com.
• Local garbage-collection agencies will provide services to residential and commercial customers.
• Parking at meters in downtown Olympia will be free Friday and Saturday.