Lacey Fire District 3 had a busy Tuesday night, responding to two fires in the space of three hours.
About 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews were dispatched to a crawl space fire in the 2000 block of South Bay Road N.E.
An oscillating fan with an electrical issue had melted down and burned through the sub-floor to the crawl space, Battalion Chief Steve Crimmins said.
The fire caused about $10,000 in damages.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
The crawl space fire was followed by a motorcycle fire in the 1500 block of Magnolia St. S.E.
The motorcycle was stored in the garage, but the fire did not extend to the structure of the house. It caused about $10,500 in damages — $2,500 to the motorcycle and $8,000 in smoke damage, he said.
That fire was triggered by the motorcycle battery.
Rolf Boone: 360-754-5403