Now I know what everyone wants to read: breaking news. But not all breaking news is created equal, especially if it involves a dead body. If you’ve got one of those, look out, because here come the crowds to trample the palace gates.
At least that’s what happened last week as a story about a dead body being found and an update to that story were among the most read. What’s wrong with you people?
Here’s the list:
1. Body found at Percival Landing in Olympia: I wasn’t kidding. This story was so popular that it generated more than 10,000 page views.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
2. Elderly woman dies after accident in Lacey QFC parking lot: This story also generated a lot of interest, but just between you and me, it wasn’t even close when compared to the first story. And that’s kind of surprising because this was about two women -- one in her 90s, the other in her 80s -- being struck by a vehicle in a grocery store parking lot.
3. Restaurant inspections for Sept. 3: Amid the breaking news, many of you found time to catch up with the latest batch of restaurant inspections. Here’s how one of them began: “Manager could not demonstrate knowledge of food code or violation when asked about worker using bare hands to prepare salad.”
4. Man who was found dead at Percival Landing drowned: Yep, you came back for more.
5. Shelton suicide attempt leads to explosion and fire: I guess this falls into the category of “go big or go home.”