Readers returned to form last week, gravitating toward those stories that typically grab their attention, such as crime and traffic-related tales.
But there were two exceptions, and it was a reminder that the community feels strongly about what has happened in Ferguson, Missouri, and also feels strongly about preventing more deaths on the Capitol Boulevard bridge.
Here’s the list:
1. Man accused of molesting 2 girls during sleepover in Olympia: It is what it is, which is to say, very, very unfortunate.
2. Community wonders how to stop Capitol Boulevard bridge deaths: After two deaths in two weeks, the story explored what more could be done to prevent it from happening again.
3. Ferguson protesters gather in downtown Olympia: The decision not to indict a white police officer in the shooting death of a black teen was felt throughout the country, including Olympia. People protested that decision here just as they did in Seattle, Portland and in several other cities.
4. Olympia man flown to Harborview after rollover accident near Shelton: The headline says it all.
5. Police search for West Olympia bank robber: Enough said.