Our story about an unidentified body found near Martin Way in Olympia was the most read story of the week.
Here’s the list:
1. Unidentified body found near Martin Way in Olympia: The story was published Thursday, but in no time it generated more than 10,000 page views.
2. Windstorm topples trees, causes power outages in Thurston County: The county was hit by a strong storm before the end of the year, but I’m happy to report that in Lacey, where I live, we didn’t lose power or Internet service.
3. 3 masked gunmen flee robbery scene near school in southeast Lacey: And the suspects are still at large, according to the story.
4. North Thurston bus driver resigns after kindergartner is left on bus for 7 hours: The 6-year-old boy, who has special needs, was discovered asleep on the bus at about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday by sheriff’s deputies, school workers and the boy’s foster parent, according to the story.
5. Thurston County man hospitalized after early-morning shooting: The one story last week that had everyone thinking the same thing: did the shooting victim really struggle with an intruder or did he just try and shoot himself in the foot and face? Here are the facts as we reported them last week: no suspect, no shooter description, no description about whether the shooter was a man or woman, no sign of forced entry and nothing was taken. “We’re still working through the case, but we have no indication that this was a random act,” Sgt. Ray Brady said. “There’s no perceived threat to the public.”