A woman, thought to be in her 20s, was flown to Haborview Medical Center in Seattle early Saturday evening after she was burned while sitting in an SUV, according to Lacey Fire District 3.
About 6:15 p.m., the woman was sitting in the parked vehicle in the 3000 block of Hogum Bay Road Northeast when she decided to move the passenger seat back. A “pop” was heard and then flames erupted inside the SUV, Lacey Fire District Battalion Chief Tim Hulse said Sunday.
A preliminary investigation revealed that when the electric car seat was moved, it punctured a can, likely under pressure, that was filled with something flammable, he said. The vehicle was a total loss, he added.
A man in the SUV also was burned, although details about his condition were not immediately available.