Local

Unoccupied home in west Olympia destroyed by fire

A west Olympia-area home was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning.

Flames from the unoccupied house in the 7000 block of Budd St. NW were noticed from across Budd Inlet and reported at 4:41 a.m., according to a news release.

McLane Black Lake Fire Department responded and found a fully involved structure fire and initiated a defensive attack. The 2,200-square-foot home, valued at $500,000, was a total loss.

The fire started as a result of a malfunctioning baseboard heater, according to the fire department.

Units from Olympia, Griffin, Lacey, East Olympia and West Thurston fire departments assisted.

  Comments