The shooting of two shoplifting suspects dominated reader interest last week. Four of the top five stories (and eight of the top 10) were about the shooting.
1. Two suspected shoplifters shot by Olympia police: The first story about the shooting, which generated more than 23,000 page views.
2. Olympia police shooting of 2 men prompts civic conversations, civil protests: Olympia reacted to Thursday’s police shooting in two ways at separate public gatherings.
3. Olympia police shooting: Sister says she saw incident, didn’t know it was her brothers: The sister of two men shot by Olympia police Thursday said she saw the incident but did not realize members of her family had been wounded.
4. Father fights road rage suspects who chased son in Olympia: The father hit (one road rage) suspect in the mouth with the butt of the rifle and fired a couple of warning rounds to scare away the suspects.
5. Olympia police shooting: Suspected shoplifters had skateboards, no guns: A related story about the shooting.