The state of the state budget was on everyone’s mind last week.
1. State employees brace for potential shutdown: All that fretting is over, for the moment.
2. Officer saves kitten thrown into downtown Olympia traffic: The witness reported that one of the men was walking, and the other was on a bicycle. The person on foot reportedly reached into a backpack, pulled out a kitten and threw it into the road.
3. Thurston mayors brace for double whammy of shutdown, ‘medicore’ state budget: More concern last week about the budget.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
4. Suspect arrested after violent domestic dispute at Lacey apartments: Lacey police arrested a man who has been accused of assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend.
5. Man charged in death of Orting mom: I’ve got a question for our readers: How many of you would agree to a date at a place called Jeepers Country Bar & Grill in Spanaway? Just wondering.