Last week’s top story, which was about a woman who finally revealed herself to her Internet fans, generated more than 10,000 page views.
1. Olympia Memes founder reveals identity: Katie Knecht is Olympia Memes.
2. Tavern’s patriotic banner causes flap in Yelm: When Kyle Phillips, the owner of the White Horse Tavern, got a letter Friday from the city telling him his patriotic banner — a series of triangular stars-and-stripes flags tacked along the outside of the building — was out of compliance with the city’s sign code, he posted his dismay on the business’ Facebook page.
3. Legislature approves budget that cuts tuition, funds state worker raises: State lawmakers have approved a new two-year spending plan that will cut college tuition, give teachers cost-of-living raises and help satisfy a court order that the state fully fund public schools.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Lacey man pleads guilty to raping girl he was babysitting: The headline says all you need to know about this story.
5. Lawmakers, governor announced budget deal to avert government shutdown: Lawmakers and Gov. Jay Inslee announced that they have reached a deal on a new two-year state spending plan, which they said will prevent a partial shutdown of state services this week.