Last week’s top story, which was about a woman who finally revealed herself to her Internet fans, generated more than 10,000 page views.
1. Olympia Memes founder reveals identity: Katie Knecht is Olympia Memes.
2. Tavern’s patriotic banner causes flap in Yelm: When Kyle Phillips, the owner of the White Horse Tavern, got a letter Friday from the city telling him his patriotic banner — a series of triangular stars-and-stripes flags tacked along the outside of the building — was out of compliance with the city’s sign code, he posted his dismay on the business’ Facebook page.
3. Legislature approves budget that cuts tuition, funds state worker raises: State lawmakers have approved a new two-year spending plan that will cut college tuition, give teachers cost-of-living raises and help satisfy a court order that the state fully fund public schools.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
4. Lacey man pleads guilty to raping girl he was babysitting: The headline says all you need to know about this story.
5. Lawmakers, governor announced budget deal to avert government shutdown: Lawmakers and Gov. Jay Inslee announced that they have reached a deal on a new two-year state spending plan, which they said will prevent a partial shutdown of state services this week.