A Rainier grocery store was destroyed in a fire late Tuesday night, according to the Southeast Thurston Fire Authority. No one was injured.
Firefighters responded to a fire at Rainier Market, located at 207 Binghampton St., at about 11:20 p.m., said Chief Mark King. The crew was able to prevent the fire from spreading with the help of the Bald Hills Fire Department, Lacey Fire District 3, Thurston County Fire Districts 12 and 16 and the East Olympia Fire District.
The fire, which was likely caused by faulty wiring, was extinguished at about 1:30 a.m.
“It’s probably going to be a total loss,” King said. “You can’t really tell from the outside, but the inside is pretty burned.”
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Firefighters remained at the scene until about 3 a.m. to prevent flare-ups.