Kids learn way around the kitchen
Bayview School of Cooking has planned a variety of cooking classes and activities for children ages 5 to 13.
The classes are:
* A Traditional St. Patty's Day, from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Children learn how to make authentic Irish dishes, such as creamy potato soup, Irish soda bread and oatmeal cookies.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $25.
* Bunny Brunch, from 1 to 3 p.m. April 7. Children learn how to make a ham and cheese strata, carrot curls and celery fans with vegetable dip and will decorate edible Easter baskets. The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $25.
* Kids Taste Tour of France and Mexico, a spring break cooking workshop from 9 to 11 a.m. April 9 and 10. Students will prepare and try international dishes and explore regional ingredients. The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $75 and includes apron.
* Bayview also has planned Storybook Cook sessions from 10 to 11:30 a.m. three Saturdays this spring. Each session is for ages 5 to 8 and cost $20.
The sessions are set for:
* April 21: The story will be "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin. The recipes will be cupcake farm and moo-cow milk shake.
* May 19: The story will be "Days with Frog & Toad" by Arnold Lobel. The recipe will be avocado frog dip.
For more information, call 360-754-1448 or go to www.bayviewschoolofcooking.c om.