A city of Olympia-hired contractor will make improvements to nine pedestrian crossings in Olympia over the next few months.
The work, which will replace the existing in-pavement flashing crosswalk lights with new flashing beacons, began Monday and ends in July.
Motorists can expect delays at the following locations:
- Capital Mall Drive at Capital Medical Center;
- Black Lake Boulevard at 14th Avenue;
- Fifth Avenue at Capitol Lake Dam;
- Fifth Avenue at Sylvester Street;
- Fourth Avenue at Bayview Thriftway;
- Fourth Avenue at Sylvester Street;
- Capitol Way at Tivoli Fountain;
- State Avenue at Wilson Street;
- Martin Way at the Chehalis Western Trail.
The contractor is Totem Electric of Tacoma.