• Tumwater High School will hold its annual spring break baseball camp from 9 a.m.-noon April 7-9 for boys ages 6-13. Cost is $60 and includes a T-shirt. Register at 8 a.m. on April 7 or send a check made out to Tumwater Youth Baseball to 700 Israel Road, Tumwater, WA 98501. Information, contact coach Rick McGrath at 360-709-7681.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its T-Ball and baseball programs. The Itty-Bitty T-ball program offers T-Ball for kids ages 3-5. The season runs from Sunday through May 15. The T-Ball/baseball program offers T-Ball and baseball for ages 5-12. The season runs from Sunday through June 12. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The YEA girls basketball tournament for players in fifth grade through high school will take place April 3-4 in Tacoma. Cost is $250 per team. Information, contact Michael Bradley at 253-591-5321 or check www.bigbasketball.com
• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, contact Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• Tenino’s Piranha U-16 fastpitch team is looking for players. Call coach Paul Schmidt at 360-561-0570.
• The annual Timberline Blazers youth camp is from 9 a.m.-noon June 28-July 1 at South Sound Stadium. Cost is $70 and includes a T-shirt and backpack. Payments may be sent to Timberline High School, 6120 Mullen Road S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, attention Nick Mullen. Information, contact Timberline coach Nick Mullen at 360-412-4860.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is hosting a public glow ball golf tournament Aug. 27 at Tumwater Valley Golf Course with proceeds benefiting low-income youth. Cost is $300 per team ($75 per player). Information, call 360-754-4160.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its golf programs. The program offers golf for kids ages 5-14. The season runs from the week of May 16 through June 26. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• First Tee of Olympia is accepting registrations. The program is for ages 6-17. Registration forms and other information are available at The First Tee pro shop or at www.pnwpga.com (click on the blue First Tee logo). Call 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes are offered through the Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:15 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids age 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for youth age 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380 for more information.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its cheerleading program. The program is for girls and boys aged 5-14. The season runs from Sunday through June 11. The program is for girls and boys ages 3-5. The season runs from the week of May 16 through June 25. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its roller hockey program. The program offers roller hockey for kids ages 7-18. The season runs from Sunday through May 22. Call 360-357-6609 for an appointment. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The new middle- and high-school rugby program in Yelm is having practices for its boys U19 team from 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Winter athletes are encouraged to start after winter sports. Information, contact Pat Norton at 360-789-5551 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• High school rugby open to all boys and girls of high school age in South Sound. No experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Interested players should contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or send e-mail to: U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, men or women. No experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com for information.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its cross country programs. The program offers running events for kids ages 6-14. The season runs from Sunday through May 14. Call 360-357-6609 for an appointment. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for the 23rd Annual Spring Run/Walk & Public Agency Challenge on May 1. Information, check the Spring Run Web site ontherunevents.com/springrun/ or call 360-357-6609.
• A two-day race that covers a half marathon each day will be Saturday and Sunday and will begin in Orting and finish in Yelm. Races of 10K and 5K distances will also be offered each day. Runners of all skill levels can run in one or two days. Information, race.endure-for-a-cure.com. The race is hosted by Endure For A Cure and will donate all the profits to two local charities. Entry fees are $30 for one half marathon, $50 for two half marathons, and $20 for a 5K or 10K.
• Roller hockey and speed skating offered at Skateland in Olympia. Roller hockey from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Fridays. Cost is $40 for four weeks. Beginning speed skating offered free from 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Wednesdays. Call Dani at 360-280-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is offering several divisions of men’s softball starting May 4. League play on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at Yauger Park. Teem fee is $600 with a minimum 12 games. Deadline to register is April 14. Information, contact Olympia Parks, Arts and Rec at 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Adult coed softball begins May 12. Registration is open until April 22. Team fee is $750 and registration information can be found at www.thurston-parks.org or by calling 360-786-5595.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training to become an umpire. Officiating assignments are available year-round. Check www.ossua.org for information.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation along with certified British soccer coaches will conduct a challenger camp for boys and girls ages 6-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 19-23 at Pioneer Park. Cost is $109 and includes a T-shirt and soccer ball. Information, call 360-754-4160.
• A nationally-ranked girls U15 soccer tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday at the Lacey Regional Athletic Complex. For tournament schedules, check. www.southsoundfc.org.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is accepting registrations for its spring women’s league. Games will be played Saturday mornings at Washington Middle School starting April 3. Cost is $479 per team for the eight-game season. Deadline to register is Friday. For information or to register, call 360-753-8380.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its soccer programs. The program for kids ages 5-9 runs from Sunday through June 11. These teams play on a modified field, six-on-a-side. The program for kids ages 10-15 runs from Sunday through June 12, including an end of season tournament. These teams play on full sized youth soccer fields, 11-on-a- side. The Itty-Bitty soccer program is for kids ages 3-5 and runs from May 16 through June 25. Call 360-357-6609 for an appointment. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information, call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is offering weekly tennis sessions for youth ranging from beginner to intermediate level of play. Weeklong sessions are offered June through August for $65. Information, call 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50, meets from 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978 for more information.
• Capella Track Club, a subsidiary of Gymnastics Elite in Tumwater, is offering indoor pole vaulting classes from 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and open vaulting on Fridays. Call Gymnastics Elite at 360-956-1319 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is accepting registration for its spring 6’s adult coed league. League runs from Thursday through May 30. Early registration cost is $250 for B/B Major, $275 for C Major. Information, contact Lacey Parks and Rec at 360-491-0857.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its volleyball programs. The program offers volleyball for kids ages 5-18. The season runs from Sunday through June 12. Call 360-357-6609 for an appointment. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The Olympia Wrestling Club will have weekly sessions in the wrestling room at Olympia High School for ages 5-12. Contact Britney Martin at 360-459-5507.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.