Olympia High School is holding its annual spring break baseball camp from9 a.m. to noon April 5-7 for players in grades 2-8. Cost is $75 and includes a T-shirt and lunch every day. Register at 8 a.m. on April 5 or download a registration form at http://olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/baseball/baseball. For further information, contact coach McDougall at 360-596-7169. [>
• Tumwater High School will hold its annual spring break baseball camp from 9 a.m. to noon April 7-9 for boys ages 6-13. Cost is $60 and includes a T-shirt. Register at 8 a.m. on April 7 or send a check made out to Tumwater Youth Baseball, 700 Israel Road, Tumwater, WA 98501. Information, contact coach Rick McGrath at 360-709-7681.
• The YEA girls basketball tournament for players in grades five through high school will take place Saturday and Sunday in Tacoma. Cost is $250 per team. Information, contact Michael Bradley at 253-591-5321 or check www.bigbasketball.com
• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for the 1 p.m. Monday leagues at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, contact Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• A fastpitch clinic with former University of Washington softball players Alicia Blake and Ashley Charters will be held April 17 at the Yelm Batting Cages. The clinic for girls ages 12 and younger will be held 9:30 a.m.-noon and girls 13 and older from 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m. The cost is $50 per participant. To register, send an e-mail to email@example.com or check knmsports.com for more information.
• Tenino’s Piranha U-16 fastpitch team is looking for players. Call coach Paul Schmidt at 360-561-0570.
• The annual Timberline Blazers youth camp is from 9 a.m. to noon June 28 to July 1 at South Sound Stadium. Cost is $70 and includes a T-shirt and backpack. Payments can be sent to Timberline High School, 6120 Mullen Road S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, attention Nick Mullen. Information, contact Timberline coach Nick Mullen at 360-412-4860.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is hosting a public glow ball golf tournament Aug. 27 at Tumwater Valley Golf Course with proceeds benefiting low-income youth. Cost is $300 per team ($75 per player). Information, call 360-754-4160.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its golf programs. The program offers golf for kids ages 5-14. The season runs from the week of May 16 thru June 26. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• First Tee of Olympia is accepting registrations. The program is for ages 6-17. Registration forms and other information are available at The First Tee pro shop or at www.pnwpga.com (click on the blue First Tee logo). Call 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:15 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids age 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for youth age 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380 for more information.
• U.S. Martial Arts Center is enrolling at its location in Lacey near the Safeway on College Street. Check www.usmactkd.com or call 360-491-6088.
• South Sound Judo offers traditional Kodokan Judo in coordination with the Tumwater Parks and Recreation Department. Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the school year from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Peter G. Schmitt Elementary gym. Contact Chris at 360-786-1706.
• The Academy of Brian Johnson Karate and Fitness in Lacey has classes in kenpo karate, muay thai kickboxing, boxing, submission grappling, shito-ryu karate and cardio kickboxing. Classes are from 4-9 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday and 7:15-9:15 p.m. Sunday. Call 360-413-9900 or check www.bjohnsonkarate.com.
• Young-Hak Lee U.S. Martial Arts is offering tae kwon do classes for all ages at its longtime Lacey site or its new west Olympia site near Safeway and Papa Murphy’s. Call 360-459-3661 in Lacey or 360-357-6433 in west Olympia, or check www.usmactkd.com.
• House of Kung Fu in downtown Olympia offers private and specialized instruction in traditional Chinese martial arts. Lessons are available Monday-Friday. Call 360-705-0242 or check www.houseofkungfu.org.
• Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu of Olympia offers classes for children (5-6 p.m.) and adults (6-8 p.m.) Monday-Thursday and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturdays. Training in gi, no-gi and mixed martial arts is offered at all levels of experience. Call 360-485-2243 or check www.bjjolympia.com.
• Masters Na’s Black Belt Academy in Lacey offers tae kwon do classes for children 3 years and older, families, adults and seniors. Afterschool Fit Kick classes and tae kwon do birthday parties also are available. Call 360-455-1600 or check www.masterna.com
• Shelton Butokukan Karate Club offers family-oriented self-defense classes. Call 360-427-0374.
• Traditional Okinawan program for men, women and children 7 and older. Classes are 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, at Mason General Hospital. Cost is $50 per month. Call Nelson Shifrin, 360-427-5028.
• Matsumura Kenpo Karate for women is available at an Okinawan dojo in Olympia. The traditional Shorin-Ryu will be taught. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Classes in kickboxing, Brazilian jujitsu, judo, aikido, tae kwon do, boxing, wrestling and ultimate fighting are offered at American Top Team Olympia. Classes from noon-9 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Call Dennis or Jeff at 360-754-8501.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is accepting requests for use of the Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as the Chehalis Western Trail. Call (360) 786-5595. or check www.thurston-parks.org for information.
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Call Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• The new middle- and high-school rugby program in Yelm is having practices for its boys U19 team from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Winter athletes are encouraged to start after winter sports. Information, contact Pat Norton at 360-789-5551 or e-mail email@example.com.
• High school rugby open to all boys and girls of high school age in South Sound. No experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Interested players should contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or send e-mail to: U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, men or women. No experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com for information.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for the 23rd Annual Spring Run/Walk & Public Agency Challenge on May 1. Information, check the Spring Run website of ontherunevents.com/springrun/ or call 360-357-6609.
• Roller hockey, speed skating at Skateland in Olympia. Roller hockey Fridays, 6p.m.-7 p.m. Pay $40 for four weeks. In-line or quad hockey. Beginning speed skating, offered free, Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Call Dani at 360-280-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is offering several divisions of men’s softball starting May 4. League play on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at Yauger Park. Teem fee is $600 with a minimum 12 games. Deadline to register is April 14. Information, contact Olympia Parks, Arts and Rec at 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Adult coed softball begins May 12. Registration is open until April 22. Team fee is $750 and registration information can be found at www.thurston-parks.org or by calling 360-786-5595.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training to become an umpire. Officiating assignments are available year-round. Check www.ossua.org for information.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation along with certified British Soccer coaches will conduct a Challenger camp for boys and girls ages 6-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 19-23 at Pioneer Park. Cost is $109 and includes a T-shirt and soccer ball. Information, call 360-754-4160.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information, call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
• Aquatic Academy offers education, competition for ages 8-14. The coach is Bob Pease. Contact Bob at 360-866-0820 or AquaticAcademy@comcast.net.
• Thurston Olympian Swim Club has precompetitive through masters instruction for all ages. Call Charlie at 360-754-9031 for a tryout.
• Evergreen Swim Club provides a fun and competitive swimming environment for ages 6-18. One week free trials available 4:30-6:30 p.m., Mondays-Fridays, at The Evergreen State College. Call 360-866-5285 or check www. evergreenswimclub.org.
• Senior water fitness classes from 2-3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays at the Olympia Downtown YMCA for those who want deep water-only fitness class. Certified water instructor Ellen Becker teaches the program. The fee is $4 per class for nonmembers, free to members. Call 360-357-6609.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation has programs ranging from year-round swim lessons to aquatic fitness, fitness swim, lifeguard training, private pool parties and recreational swimming. Call 360-491-0857.
• The Evergreen State College is conducting swim lessons for children and adults. Call 360-866-6000, ext. 6770, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Olympia Downtown YMCA offers swim programs. Adult lessons Mondays through Fridays. Fee is $29 for full members; $41/$50 for basic members. Open pool lap swims all week. Water fitness classes Monday through Friday for all ages. Call 360-357-6609.
• Briggs Community YMCA has classes, plus Red Cross certification in professional rescue, first aid and CPR. Call 360-753-6576.
• Evergreen Masters program for adults who want to compete, improve fitness or train for triathlons. Call 360-866-5285 or www.evergreenswimclub.org.
• Capital Divers and Aquatics has masters swim team and water aerobics. Call 360-866-3684.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is offering weekly tennis sessions for youth ranging from beginner to intermediate level of play. Weeklong sessions are offered June through August for $65. Information, call 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets at 9-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978 for more information.
• Capella Track Club, a subsidiary of Gymnastics Elite in Tumwater, is offering indoor pole vaulting classes 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and open vaulting on Fridays. Call Gymnastics Elite at 360-956-1319 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
• The Olympia Volleyball Club will host a one-day clinic from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. April 5 at Washington Middle School. The clinic is for boys and girls in first through eighth grade and all ability levels. Cost is $35. Information, contact Lee Pilon at 360-790-6095 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Olympia Wrestling Club will have weekly sessions in the wrestling room at Olympia High School for ages 5-12. Information, contact Britney Martin at 360-459-5507.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.