• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, contact Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• The Pacific Northwest Force fastpitch club is having a competitive 12U team. Players interested can contact Jeremy Taylor-Sparks at 360-789-7683 or e-mail email@example.com.
• A fastpitch clinic with former University of Washington softball players Alicia Blake and Ashley Charters will be held Saturday at the Yelm Batting Cages. The clinic for girls ages 12 and younger will be held 9:30 a.m.-noon and girls 13 and older from 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m. The cost is $50 per participant. To register, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or check knmsports.com.
• Tenino’s Piranha U16 fastpitch team is looking for players. Call coach Paul Schmidt at 360-561-0570.
• Centralia High School is holding a youth camp for boys in third through sixth grades from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on July 25. Cost is $30 before July 17 or $40 for walk-ups the day of camp. Current Centralia players, staff, along with current and former college players will conduct the camp. Information, contact Centralia Parks and Recreation at 360-330-7688. Camp forms can also be found on Centralia High School’s Web site.
• The annual Timberline Blazers youth camp is from 9 a.m.-noon June 28-July 1 at South Sound Stadium. Cost is $80 and includes a T-shirt and backpack. Payments can be sent to Timberline High School, 6120 Mullen Road S.E., Lacey, WA 98503, attention Nick Mullen. Information, contact Mullen at 360-412-4860.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is hosting a public glow ball golf tournament Aug. 27 at Tumwater Valley Golf Course with proceeds benefiting low-income youth. Cost is $300 per team ($75 per player). Information, call 360-754-4160.
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for its golf programs. The program offers golf for kids ages 5-14. The season runs from May 16 thru June 26. Information, check www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• First Tee of Olympia is accepting registrations. The program is for ages 6-17. Registration forms and other information are available at The First Tee pro shop or at www.pnwpga.com (click on the blue First Tee logo). Information, 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes are offered through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:15 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids age 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for youth ages 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380 for more information.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation’s adult rec dodgeball league begins today at area middle school gymnasiums. Team fee is $275. Information, call Lacey Parks and Rec at 360-491-0857.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is accepting requests for use of the Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as the Chehalis Western Trail. Call (360) 786-5595 or check www.thurston-parks.org for information.
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Call Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• The new middle- and high-school rugby program in Yelm is having practices for its boys U19 team from 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Winter athletes are encouraged to start after winter sports. Information, contact Pat Norton at 360-789-5551 or e-mail email@example.com.
• High School Rugby open to all boys and girls of high school age in South Sound. No experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Interested players should contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or send e-mail to: U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, men or women. No experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com
• The South Sound YMCA is accepting registrations for the 23rd Annual Spring Run/Walk & Public Agency Challenge May 1. Information, check the Spring Run Web site of ontherunevents.com/springrun/ or call 360-357-6609.
• Roller hockey, speed skating at Skateland in Olympia. Roller hockey Fridays from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Pay $40 for four weeks. In-line or quad hockey. Beginning speed skating offered free Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Call Dani at 360-280-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is offering several divisions of men’s softball starting May 4. League play on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at Yauger Park. Team fee is $600 with a minimum 12 games. Deadline to register is Wednesday. Information, contact Olympia Parks, Arts and Rec at 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Adult coed softball begins May 12. Registration is open until April 22. Team fee is $750 and registration information can be found at www.thurston-parks.org or by calling 360-786-5595.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training to become an umpire. Officiating assignments are available year-round. Check www.ossua.org for information.
• Black Hills FC will hold tryouts on the following dates: Friday through Sunday for boys and girls U10-U12 teams, April 31-May 1 for girls U16, U17 and U18/19 teams, May 7-8 for boys and girls U13, U14 and U15. Pre-tryout information night is Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Pioneer Park. Check www.blackhillsfc.org or call 360-943-8233 for information.
• Registration is open for Spring Super-Mod soccer for kids ages 4-7, sponsored by the Tumwater Soccer Club, and begins Wednesday. Cost is $55. Information, check www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• South Sound FC will hold tryouts for players 10U to 12U on Friday and April 19. Check www.southsoundfc.org or call 360-790-6657 for information.
• The Olympia United’s Super Mod Soccer for ages 4-7 will run from May 6-June 12, with training conducted by Blackhills FC. Practices are Thursdays (6 p.m.-7 p.m.) with games Saturday (10 a.m.-11 a.m) at Hansen Elementary. Check www.olyunited.com or call 360-561-0249 for information.
• The Olympia United’s Summer Registration is open for recreational soccer for ages 8-19. Games begin June 21 and end in late July. Girls play Mondays and Wednesdays and boys plays Tuesdays and Thursdays. Check www.olyunited.com or call 360-561-0249 for information.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation along with certified British Soccer coaches will conduct a Challenger camp for boys and girls ages 6-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 19-23 at Pioneer Park. Cost is $109 and includes a T-shirt and soccer ball. Information, call 360-754-4160.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information, call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
• Aquatic Academy offers education, competition for ages 8-14. The coach is Bob Pease. Contact Bob at 360-866-0820 or AquaticAcademy@comcast.net.
• Thurston Olympian Swim Club has precompetitive through masters instruction for all ages. Call Charlie at 360-754-9031 for a tryout.
• Evergreen Swim Club provides a fun and competitive swimming environment for ages 6-18. One week free trials available 4:30-6:30 p.m., Mondays-Fridays, at The Evergreen State College. Call 360-866-5285 or check www. evergreenswimclub.org
• Senior water fitness classes from 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays at the Olympia Downtown YMCA for those who want deep water-only fitness class. Certified water instructor Ellen Becker teaches the program. The fee is $4 per class for nonmembers, free to members. Call 360-357-6609.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation has programs ranging from year-round swim lessons to aquatic fitness, fitness swim, lifeguard training, private pool parties and recreational swimming. Call 360-491-0857.
• The Evergreen State College is conducting swim lessons for children and adults. Call 360-866-6000, ext. 6770, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Olympia Downtown YMCA offers swim programs. Adult lessons Mondays through Fridays. Fee is $29 for full members; $41/50 for basic members. Open pool lap swims all week. Water fitness classes Monday through Friday for all ages. Call 360-357-6609.
• Briggs Community YMCA has classes, plus Red Cross certification in professional rescue, first aid and CPR. Call 360-753-6576.
• Evergreen Masters program for adults who want to compete, improve fitness or train for triathlons. Call 360-866-5285 or www.evergreenswimclub.org.
• Capital Divers and Aquatics has masters swim team and water aerobics. Call 360-866-3684.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is offering weekly tennis sessions for youth ranging from beginner to intermediate level of play. Weeklong sessions are offered June through August for $65. Information, call 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets at 9-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978 for more information.
• Capella Track Club, a subsidiary of Gymnastics Elite in Tumwater, is offering indoor pole vaulting classes 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and open vaulting on Fridays. Call Gymnastics Elite at 360-956-1319 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
• The Olympia Wrestling Club will have weekly sessions in the wrestling room at Olympia High School for ages 5-12. Information, contact Britney Martin at 360-459-5507.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.