• A clinic with former MLB pitcher Todd Stottlemyre will be held from 1-3 p.m. Oct. 3 at Yelm’s Longmire Park. Fee is $15 per player. To register, e-mail email@example.com or check www.knmsports.com.
• The third annual Tumwater preseason charity tournament is Oct. 30-31 at Tumwater High School. Fee is $150 for a three-game guarantee and is open to boys and girls teams in fifth grade through varsity level. Contact Ken at 360-951-3899 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• AAU girls program for players in the Olympia and Tacoma areas includes Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (fifth-eighth grades) and high school (ninth-12th grades). Call Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Dangerous Dunkers will hold tryouts for their seventh grade girls team for winter and spring tournaments. Contact Jeff at 360-280-0828, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or check www.dangerousdunkers.com
• Youth teams forming for fall leagues for girls in sixth and seventh grades who will attend Olympia High. Information, www. olyyouthbasketball.com or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• Washington Illusion 18A team is looking for a pitcher. Information, call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Washington Cavaliers adult amateur football team is looking for players for the 2011 season. Call 360-480-1212.
• The First Tee of Olympia is accepting registration for boys and girls, ages 6-17, for the junior golf program. Registration includes daily range balls and fall golf and life skill classes. Fee is $75. Information, 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes available through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids ages 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for children ages 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information, 360-753-8380.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is hosting “smaller ballers,” a series of classes once per week and designed to provide introduction to sports for 3- to 5-year olds. Sports taught are soccer, T-ball, basketball, football and track and field. Fee is $35, for following dates: Sept. 28-Oct. 19 (on Tuesdays), 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary; Sept. 30-Oct. 21 (on Tuesdays), 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary; Oct. 30-Nov. 20 (on Saturdays), 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m. at The Olympia Center; and Nov. 2-23 (on Tuesdays), 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary. Information, www.ci.olympia.wa.us/community/parks/sports-information.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is accepting requests for use of the Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as the Chehalis Western Trail. Call (360) 786-5595 or check www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Call Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training. Check www.ossua.org.
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics for baseball and fastpitch players. Pre-registration is required online at www.bbcourtsandcages.com. Information, contact Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail email@example.com.
• A one-mile middle school cross country race will be held at 5 p.m. Oct. 6 starting at LBA Park. Cost is free, and prizes will be awarded to top finishers. Information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• High school rugby for boys and girls, no experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com.
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club seeks new men or women players, no experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information, Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for athletes 50 and over meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports . Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 360-357-0202.