• Sports Unlimited conducts offseason fielding and hitting drills Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fee is $15. League begins Nov. 20. Fee is $40. Information: www.bbcourtsandcages.com or call Lynn at 360-915-3780.
• The 2010-11 Elks “Hoop Shoot” free throw program is being organized at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Contact your PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive boys tournaments for grades 3-6 from mid-November to mid-February. $200 team fee guarantees four games per tournament. Information: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAP Hoops spring travel teams for boys and girls grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Hoops Stars is conducting tryouts for eighth-grade boys team. Information: Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Fourth annual Tumwater preseason charity tournament for girls and boys in grades 5-12 is Saturday and Sunday at Tumwater High. $150 fee guarantees three games. Contact Ken at 360-951-3899 or e-mail email@example.com
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Divisions: Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades 5-8); high school (grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tryouts for Dangerous Dunkers girls grade 7 team will be from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. on Nov. 2 and Nov. 4 at the Olympia Armory. Information: Jeff at 360-280-0828, or www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams for fall. Information: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Information, call Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesday league in Tumwater. Contact Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Sports Unlimited/Royal Tigers 12U girls team seeks four experienced players for 2011 season. Wednesday practices begin in January; season ends mid-July. Contact Joe Kabel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-888-7531
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Information: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Pre-registration required at www.bbcourtsandcages.com. Information: Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes’ “Life in Motion” lecture will be at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at The Loft, 508 Legion Street. Info: southsoundrunning.com
• A youth indoor soccer tournament for players ages U10 through high school will be held Dec. 20-27 at The Evergreen State College. Information: www.pugetsoundslammers.org or call John at 360-790-6657.
• Thurston County parks and recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• The Olympia Volleyball Club will hold an open house 1 p.m.-3 p.m. Sunday at Ramblin Jacks Restaurant, 520 4th Ave East. Tryouts for age groups 15, 16, 17 & 18 years old will be Nov. 17 at Washington Middle School, 3100 Cain Road SE. Ages 15-16 6-7:30 p.m., and for 17-18 7:30-9 p.m. Registration starts 30 minutes prior turnout times. Info: www.olympiavolleyball.com or call director Joe Cruz at 360-456-2250.