ON the move
• Black Hills Youth Baseball registration is from 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m. today at Tumwater Public Library. Information: www.bhyb.org.
• Tumwater Parks & Recreation is accepting registrations from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays through Feb. 6 at Tumwater City Hall for boys and girls in grades kindergarten through third who live in the district or attend a Tumwater school. Fee is $75, which includes a uniform. Information: 360-754-4160.
• Registration for Thurston County Babe Ruth is from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 9 at the downtown Olympia Center. Information or to register online at www.tcbronline.org.
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for boys and girls in grades 5-8 will cost teams $165 for four games. Two boys tournaments are Feb. 9-10 at Black Hills High School and Feb. 23-24 at Tumwater High. Two girls tournaments are Feb. 16-17 at Black Hills and March 2-3 at Tumwater. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• DAP Hoops has multiple events coming up: A 3-on-3 tournament for boys in grades 5-8 on Feb. 18 with a fee of $100 per team (up to four players on a team) and a Feb. 11 deadline to register; tryouts for boys freshman/sophomore spring competitive travel teams, Feb. 25-26; tryouts for a select travel team March 4-5; a spring league for grades seven-high school in April-May, with up to 12 league games and a single-elimination postseason tournament, with a fee of $550 per team and a registration deadline of March 20; and a high school senior showcase for unsigned seniors March 30. Information: www.daphoops.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks.
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming 2013 season. Information: Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• The annual ROAD-odend-RUN two-person relay or a solo six-mile race around Capitol Lake will take place Feb. 24. Fee is $25 for pre-registered teams. Information: www.runoly.com.
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold training runs at 7:30 a.m. Saturdays at South Sound Running through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• The Puget Sound Slammers will hold an academy for boys and girls ages 6-11 from 5:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m. Tuesdays from Feb. 12-May 14 at the Regional Athletic Complex baseball field No. 5 in Lacey. Registration deadline is Feb. 26. Fee is $105 for the entire academy with a monthly payment plan of $35 per month available. Also, tryouts for boys between U15 and U18 will be Feb. 18 at the turf field at the RAC and Feb. 21 at baseball field No. 5 at the RAC. Both tryouts are from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. and preregistration is required. Information: www.pugetsoundslammers.org.
• Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players for the spring recreational program (players age 8 and older, with games March 16-May 18; fee is $50 per player with registration deadline of Feb. 17) and Super Mod program (ages 5-7, from April 10-May 17; fee is $35, which includes a T-shirt and ball with registration deadline of April 6). Information: www.TumwaterSoccerClub.org.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for athletes older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Fridays, including end date, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org