ON the move
• Tryouts for the 2014 TC Saints 14U, 16U and 18U baseball teams will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Black Hills High School. Information: tcsaints.org or 360-951-3213
• South Sound Basketball Officials Association is recruiting new officials. Experience is not required and training is provided. High school students are encouraged to apply. Information: Rae Ann Jonson at 360-239-4586 or email@example.com
• The eighth annual Hoopin’ For Life tournament for teams of boys and girls in grades 7-12 will be Saturday-Sunday at the South Sound Sports Center. Fee of $150 guarantees three games. To register or for information: www.daphoops.com or contact Derrick Pringle at 360-556-4342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tumwater Youth Basketball will have a fall league for boys and girls in grades 6-9 and for high school teams. Games run Sept. 7-Oct. 20 at Black Hills and Tumwater high schools. Fee is $575 for a 14-game schedule or $415 for 10 games. Entry fee due by Aug. 28. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Tryouts for the 2014 TC Saints 12U fastpitch teams will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Black Hills High School. Information: tcsaints.org or 360-951-8071.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle schools and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380 or olympiawa.gov/parks
• Yelm’s Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: Pat Norton, 360-464-3551 or prairierugby.webs.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female – no experience necessary. Information: 478-227-3201, email@example.com or buddbayrugby.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date, before 5 p.m. Friday by email to firstname.lastname@example.org