1. Oregon: A football player named Royce pretty much has to have “Rolls” as a nickname, right?
2. Florida State: One might say Jameis Winston’s dazzling touchdown run against Oklahoma State qualifies as a Heisman Moment ™.
3. Oklahoma: Trap game this week at Tulsa. Just kidding.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Alabama: Ten-point win over West Virginia wasn’t particularly impressive, but Nick Saban gets benefit of doubt.
5. Georgia: Second-most impressive win of Week 1, smashing Clemson behind strength of Todd Gurley-man.
6. LSU: Comeback kids spoiled what would have been huge season-opening win for the Wisconsin Badgers.
7. Auburn: Beat Arkansas by 24 without playing starting QB Nick Marshall in first half. Oh, Arkansas.
8. Michigan State: Big trip this week to Autzen Stadium.
9. Texas A&M: Most impressive victory of the first week, Aggies doing what they could to move past the Jonathan Football era.
10. Stanford: Shaw vs. Sark again this week, first time since the fake injury accusations.
11. Ohio State: Got past Navy, at least, without Braxton Miller.
12. USC: Trojans’ offense looked just fine in coach Steve Sarkisian’s first game.
13. Baylor: It was only SMU, but a shutout is a shutout.
14. UCLA: Adrian Klemm isn’t the only one who thought the Bruins’ offensive line looked pretty bad.
15. Notre Dame: Everett Golson might be pretty good.
16. Arizona State: Only 45 points on Weber State? Mild.
17. Mississippi: Slapped around Chris Petersen’s old team pretty good in the season opener.
18. Wisconsin: Dreams of an unbeaten season dashed so soon.
19. Kansas State: Iowa State should be an appetizer for Auburn game.
20. Missouri: Tigers are playing this week at Toledo, which isn’t too far from Castle Rock. Oh, wait …
21. North Carolina: Has to be a weird feeling, beating a team named “Liberty.”
22. Clemson: Post-Tajh Boyd era off to a rough start.
23. South Carolina: Probably not a College Football Playoff contender anymore.
24. Nebraska: Nothing Faux about Bo Pelini’s squad hammering Florida Atlantic.
25. Texas: Interesting matchup this week with Brigham Young.
1. Oregon: If Ducks’ backfield is so stacked Byron Marshall lines up in the slot … yikes.
2. USC: Looks weird to see Trojans running up-tempo out of the shotgun, but it sure worked against Fresno State.
3. Stanford: Facing USC, how long can Cardinal preserve its streak of shutout quarters?
4. UCLA: Bruins have to shore up pass protection real soon.
5. Arizona State: Not exactly a premier road trip this week to Albuquerque.
6. Arizona: So far, so good in the Anu Solomon era.
7. California: Maybe the most surprising performance of Week 1 was the Bears winning at Northwestern.
8. Oregon State: Any win over a Big Sky team will do for OSU.
9. Washington: Fortunate to leave Honolulu unbeaten.
10. Utah: Beating Idaho State should be worth only half of a win.
11. Washington State: Connor Halliday can’t do it all by himself.
12. Colorado: A loss to Colorado State is never a good way to start the season.