Comments are taken directly from the latest Thurston County inspection reports, which are available at each food establishment, at the Thurston County Environmental Health Office and their website at co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehfood. For questions concerning these reports, contact the health office at 360-867-2667.
Reading inspection scores:
▪ Attention should be given to the type of violation (red versus blue) and whether the restaurant has a history of red violations or repeat violations.
▪ Red violations are those most likely to cause food-borne illness and must be corrected immediately if feasible or according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: not keeping food at the right temperature.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Blue violations relate to the overall cleanliness and condition of operation and must be corrected according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: a worn floor that needs replacing.
Yelm High School Concession - Stadium
1315 Yelm Avenue West
Sept. 22: 5 red; 0 blue
Comments: Not all food workers had food-worker cards on site. Asked that they re-institute the “provide paper copy of food worker card or not allow to work” rule.
Boulevard Gas & Mini Mart
2303 Pacific Avenue SE
Sept. 21: 10 red; 0 blue
Comments: Chicken tenders in display case at 130 degrees. Must hot hold above 135 degrees. Corrective action: Increased temperature setting of unit. Stem thermometer was broken.
520 SE Sleater Kinney Road
Sept. 21: 0 red; 5 blue
Comments: Thermometers needed in front dairy fridge and salad-prep fridge. Employee foods must be stored in separate area from food-establishment products. Corrected.
Red Lobster #799
4505 Martin Way East
Sept. 20: 40 red; 10 blue
Comments: Improper hand washing. Inadequate hand washing facilities. Improper dish machine sanitizer.
Ram Restaurant & Brewery
8100 Freedom Lane NE
Sept. 20: 50 red; 15 blue
Comments: Expired invalid food-worker card. Improper prevention of contamination prevention by hands. Improper hand washing observed by several employees. Employee observed (by inspector and chef) washing gloved hands in hand sink. Employees didn’t wash hands before donning gloves. Inadequate hand-washing facilities. Potentially hazardous foods in temperature danger zone (repeat violation). Inadequate equipment for temperature control. Main line cold-holding unit not functioning to maintain required food-safety temperatures. Re-inspection required for repeat high risk-factor violation. A $195.00 fee to be assessed at time of re-inspection.
No violations found
▪ Towneplace Suites (900 S Capitol Way)
▪ Tumwater Lanes & Grill (204 West T Street)