Janet Jackson postpones tour until 2017
KeyArena officials announced Friday morning that singer Janet Jackson’s Unbreakable Tour would be postponed until 2017.
Jackson was scheduled to perform at KeyArena in Seattle on July 5.
Jackson earlier in the week posted on Twitter that she and her husband, Wissam Al Mana, “are planning our family, so I’m going to have to delay the tour.” Jackson, 49, said she is under doctor’s orders to get rest.
Promoters said new concert dates would be announced later. Tickets already purchased will be honored for the rescheduled dates or refunds can be made at the point of purchase, according to a news release announcing the postponement.
Angry fans took to social media after her tweet when concert venues said there would be no refunds until an official announcement was made.
This story was originally published April 8, 2016 at 3:32 AM with the headline "Janet Jackson postpones tour until 2017."