Fish Brewing Co., Three Magnets Brewing Co., Top Rung Brewing, Harmon Brewing and Pacific Brewing and Malting will put their brewing talents together to create an India Red Lager. Brewing is expected to begin later this month, a spokeswoman for Fish Brewing said.
The beer will be released in both draft and 22-ounce bottles at select retailers throughout South Sound.
The five businesses also are seeking art from the community as part of a beer label contest.
“One winner will be selected and the winning design will appear on the 22-ounce bottle,” a news release reads. “The winner also will receive merchandise from each brewery and their name will appear on all promotional materials.”
Here’s how the contest works, according to the news release:
▪ The contest is limited to those 21 and older.
▪ Art must be 4.8-inches tall by 4.5-inches wide. No offensive words or graphics will be allowed and no pictures of people; renditions and original work is OK.
▪ The collaborating breweries have the right to use the second-place winner if the first-place design does not meet the requirements.
▪ A signed release will be required from the winner, allowing use of their art for the sales, promotion and production of the image.
▪ Fish Brewing Co. has the right to alter the art for the sole purpose of adding any and all required legal information on the label.
To enter the contest, send your digital art to email@example.com by Jan. 25.