The guilty verdict in the Lattins’ goat abuse case, which was announced Friday, was last week’s most read story.
1. Jury reaches verdict in Lattins goat abuse case: A Thurston County jury found Carolyn and Debbie Lattin guilty Friday of second-degree animal cruelty charges.
2. Man learns putting duct tape over stolen car’s license doesn’t make it less suspicious: “The vehicle had red duct tape over the rear license plate,” Brunscheen wrote in a statement provided to The Olympian.
3. Downtown Olympia coffee shop closes its doors: Caffe Vita in downtown Olympia has closed.
4. I-5 closed after wreck ejects driver of SUV, State Patrol says: Northbound Interstate 5 was closed near Nisqually after an SUV struck a railroad bridge and its driver was ejected, according to the Washington State Patrol.
5. Restaurant inspections for Dec. 6. “Container of diced lettuce, 68 degrees unrefrigerated, has sticker marked ‘use by 11 a.m.,’ however it was after 3 p.m.”