Two house fires Thursday night kept Lacey Fire District 3 busy.
The first, on Blackberry Court Southeast, was reported at 8 p.m., according to Battalion Chief Steve Crimmins. The first units arrived at 8:05 p.m., and the fire was knocked out by 8:23 p.m.
The fire was on the second floor and is suspected to be electrical, Crimmins said. The occupants got out safely and were housed overnight by the Red Cross.
Damage is estimated at $65,000.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Olympian
The second fire was on Richmond Lane Southeast. Firefighters arrived at 9:46 p.m. to find that the homeowner had put out a fire in the microwave with a fire extinguisher. Damage was limited to the area around the microwave, Crimmins said.