Crime

Suspected Tacoma rapist now charged with having sex with girl, 13

A 24-year-old man charged last week with abducting and raping a woman outside a Tacoma restaurant has been charged with having sex with a 13-year-old DuPont girl he met online.

Pierce County prosecutors added a charge of second-degree child rape against Younes Kerrou on Monday. He is to be arraigned on the new count Tuesday (July 28).

According to charging documents, Kerrou met the girl in July 2014 through a website called Hot or Not and arranged to meet her at a DuPont coffee shop.

“When she told the defendant she was 13, the defendant said he thought age was secondary,” deputy prosecutor Angelica Williams wrote in charging documents.

Kerrou and the girl then walked to a nearby beach where they had sex, charging papers state.

The girl’s father later learned the teen might be having relationships with men and spoke with authorities, who found evidence on her cellphone and computer, according to charging documents.

She then told investigators about her alleged liaison with Kerrou, the documents state.

Kerrou pleaded not guilty last week to charges of first-degree kidnapping and first-degree rape.

He allegedly coaxed a woman into his car outside a Sixth Avenue restaurant, locked her inside, drove to a residential area and raped her. He was ordered jailed in that case in lieu of $500,000 bail.

This story was originally published July 28, 2015 at 12:07 PM with the headline "Suspected Tacoma rapist now charged with having sex with girl, 13."

Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER