Lacey man accused of molesting girl, now 17, for years
A 69-year-old Lacey man is accused of molesting a girl over the course of several years.
George S. Grinstine appeared Thursday in Thurston County Superior Court on one count of first-degree child molestation and two counts of third-degree child molestation. Arraignment was set for June 14.
Bail was set at $100,000.
Court documents give the following account:
Grinstine was arrested Wednesday, about two weeks after the victim, now 17, first spoke with Lacey police. The girl said Grinstine has been fondling her since she was about 5 years old.
The girl was unable to estimate the number of times Grinstine made sexual contact and told police it was “too many to count.” In an interview with police, Grinstine admitted that the girl’s statements were true and said touching the girl had aroused him at one time, but not anymore.
When detectives asked how many times he had touched the girl, Grinstine replied, “About 100 times.” Grinstine said it had been going on for eight or nine years, and that he has hated himself for this “nasty secret.”
At Monday’s court hearing, deputy prosecutor Olivia Zhou said Grinstine has no prior criminal history. He has been prohibited from having contact with minors.
This story was originally published June 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM with the headline "Lacey man accused of molesting girl, now 17, for years."