NASCAR Fans, Media Thinking Of Kyle Busch After Hospitalization
Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch won't be able to compete at this weekend's Coca-Cola 600.
Busch, 41, won't be participating at Charlotte Motor Speedway due to a severe illness that resulted in him being hospitalized. His family revealed on Thursday that he's undergoing treatment.
"Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization," a statement from the Busch family read. "He is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We ask for understanding and privacy as our family navigates this situation."
Richard Childress Racing also issued a statement on this concerning matter.
"Kyle Busch's health is our upmost priority and he and his family have the full resources of RCR behind them," the team said. "Kyle is an integral part of our organization and we wish him a safe and speedy recovery. His No. 8 Chevrolet will be ready and waiting for him. We're thankful to Austin Hill for stepping in to drive the No. 8 Chevrolet this weekend. Please keep Kyle and the Busch family in your prayers, and help us respect the family's privacy at this time."
NASCAR community is praying for Kyle Busch.
"Whoa, alarming news here. Hope Kyle is able to recover quickly," NASCAR reporter Jeff Gluck said.
"Praying for KB and his whole family. The power of prayer is real," NASCAR O'Reilly Auto Parts Series driver Jesse Love said.
"That's horrible," one fan commented. "Get well soon goat. Im praying for you."
"God Bless I hope you recover quickly," a second fan wrote.
"Praying for you and the family," another fan added.
For what it's worth, Busch requested medical attention at Watkins Glen earlier this month.
We're certainly hoping Busch makes a full and speedy recovery.
Copyright The Arena Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved
This story was originally published May 21, 2026 at 8:03 AM.