Here are some tidbits and information we think is worth sharing. We will update this list throughout the day, and into the weekend. If you have news to share, email email@example.com. We always appreciate your contributions.
▪ As of 10:20 a.m., a band of moderate to heavy rain is lined up all the way from the coast straight for Olympia.
▪ There is a tornado warning for Pacific County until 9:45 a.m.
▪ Tow trucks are on the scene as of 9:30 a.m. Friday of a semi-truck crash at the intersection of Interstate 5 and US 101. Traffic is backed up on southbound I5 through Lacey.
▪ Wheeler Avenue is closed this morning due a downed tree.
▪ All Timberland libraries will be closed Saturday, due to the extreme weather.
▪ Thurston County parks are closed through the weekend.
▪ Olympia Timberland Library has cancelled the event with Barry Deutsch.
▪ The Arts and Crafts Show scheduled for Saturday at the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center, has been cancelled due to weather.
▪ Community Youth Service’s Brighter Futures Trick or Trot Fun, originally scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed to next Saturday, October 22 at 9 a.m., at the Hands On Children’s Museum, Plaza.
▪ Summit Pacific Medical Center (SPMC) has canceled both their Building Healthy Connections Day and the 5k Family Fun Run scheduled for Saturday.
▪ Timberline High School: The Timberline Dance Team has canceled their Mini-Camp.
▪ Tumwater High School: The start time for Tumwater High School’s homecoming football game against Aberdeen has been changed to 6 p.m., instead of 7 p.m.
South Sound Private/Charter Schools
▪ Pope John Paul II High School: Evening Game Night canceled.
Colleges & Universities
▪ Bates Technical College: Afternoon and evening activities canceled. All campuses closing at 2 p.m.
▪ Olympic College: Bremerton campus closed due to power outrage. Will re-open when power restored.
Grays Harbor & Pacific Co. Schools
▪ Willapa Valley School District: Closed, No AM preschool
Mason County outages
▪ Nearly 3,000 Mason PUD 3 customers are without power in aftermath of Thursday storm: Areas affected include all of Harstine Island, a portion of Agate Road, Blacksmith Tahuya Road & Edman lake, Cole Road (including connected roadways), Libby Road, Old Olympic Highway, Timberlakes, and Treasure Island.