Crime

Police arrest second suspect in drive-by shooting that killed Lacey teens

READ MORE


Two Lacey teens killed in Nov. 14 drive-by shooting

Two suspects have been arrested in connection to the Nov. 14, 2025, drive-by shooting that killed brothers Alexander Borgen, 16, and Deven Borgen, 17, in Lacey. 

Expand All

Law enforcement have arrested a second suspect in connection to the Nov. 14 deaths of two Lacey teens in a drive-by shooting.

The arrest followed a Wednesday night pursuit in Pierce County that involved a multi-jurisdictional team.

The pursuit ended on eastbound State Route 512 near Woodland Avenue East, according to the Washington State Patrol. A Thurston County deputy conducted a precision immobilizing technique or PIT maneuver that caused the suspect’s vehicle to crash. The Lacey Police Department described the suspect as 20-year-old Thurston County man in a Wednesday evening news release.

The suspect is accused of participating in the drive-by shooting that killed brothers Alexander Borgen, 16, and Deven Borgen, 17, as they were walking home in the early morning hours of Nov. 14.

Investigators arrested the first suspect on Tuesday, 20-year-old Trequanne Trenelle Wilson Mason, on suspicion of being the shooter who killed the teens. Investigators believe he was assisted by a driver who also may have provided him with a firearm, according to court records.

Prosecutors allege Wilson Mason targeted Alexander Borgen after mistaking the teen for someone he believed shot at his home in an October 2024 incident. Wilson Mason is being held in the county jail without bail pending his arraignment.

Lacey police booked the second suspect into the county jail Thursday on suspicion of two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of drive-by shooting, per the jail roster.

Thurston County Sheriff Derek Sanders shared details and video of the pursuit on his Facebook page Thursday morning.

Sanders said the Thurston County SWAT team moved in to arrest the suspect in Pierce County and believed he was armed with an automatic weapon.

Law enforcement attempted to box the suspect in, Sanders said, but he managed to escape and fled at a high rate of speed.

A Thurston County Sheriff’s Office SWAT operator deployed a grappler, a pursuit intervention tool that ensnares the back wheel of a fleeing vehicle in a net and tethers it to a patrol vehicle.

The video shows the grappler successfully connected with the vehicle, but the line quickly snapped, and the driver continued to flee.

The deputy then conducted a PIT maneuver on the vehicle at about 117 miles per hour, Sanders said. The maneuver was successful and the vehicle veered off the highway, rolled over and crashed.

Sanders said the suspect was “ejected from the vehicle” yet only sustained “minor injuries.” An AR-15 rifle with a 60 round magazine was ejected as well, he added.

Law enforcement also observed “numerous additional firearms” in the car, he said.

The patrol vehicle that conducted the PIT maneuver was not damaged, Sanders said.

“Great work by all of the involved agencies in this operation to get a dangerous criminal off our streets,” Sanders said.

The Lacey Police Department indicated the suspect was being treated at a local hospital before being booked into the county jail.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

This story was originally published November 20, 2025 at 9:50 AM.

Related Stories from The Olympian
Martín Bilbao
The Olympian
Martín Bilbao reports on Thurston County government, courts and breaking news. He joined The Olympian in November 2020 and previously worked for The Bellingham Herald and Daily Bruin. He was born in Ecuador and grew up in California. Support my work with a digital subscription
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER

Two Lacey teens killed in Nov. 14 drive-by shooting

Two suspects have been arrested in connection to the Nov. 14, 2025, drive-by shooting that killed brothers Alexander Borgen, 16, and Deven Borgen, 17, in Lacey.